Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Let's Do Unconscious

There are two words that more accurately describe being a working adult than any others in the English language: perpetually exhausted.

I'm just tired, y'all. Like 'I could go to bed at 5:00 p.m. and not wake up until noon the next day' tired. Or 'if I sit still for more than 30 seconds, I'll fall out' tired. Also known as 'if my husband has the remote and watches the riveting show Treehouse Masters, I'll be snoring in 8 seconds.'  (Funny story: autocorrect just corrected snoring to scoring. Um, no. I'm too tired.)

This is definitely my idea of a good Friday night! I’m settled down for the night and I have a hot date with my DVD player as I just got the movie Transcendence starring Johnny Depp, so that’s what I will be watching tonight! I wish you a peaceful evening and as always heavenly dreams. Many blessings, Cherokee Billie

What has happened to me and my formerly energetic self? Work. That's what. And children and bills and responsibilities. Back before my hair turned gray and my knees cracked when I walked up stairs, I could stay awake past 8:00 p.m. with nary a yawn. I could be awake for 4 hours without praying 'please Jesus, let me put my head on this desk for 5 minutes with nobody noticing.' I used to want to go places and do things. Now I just want to go to bed. And do unconscious.


No comments:

Post a Comment